100- watt bulb burning for almost four hours or run your
- Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to keep a
television for three hours.
as a new can in as little as 60 days.
- A used aluminum can is recycled and back on the grocery shelf
- Every minute, an average of 113,204 aluminum cans are
less energy than using virgin materials.
- Making new aluminum cans from used cans takes 95 percent
equivalent to the material of about six recycled cars; a
- A steel frame for a 2,000 square foot, two-story house is
comparable wooden frame would take over 40 trees to produce.
- Americans use 100 million steel cans every day.
metal, which is commonly collected by recycling steel.
- The steel industry's largest source of raw material is scrap